SISODRV404A - Drive a 4WD vehicle in difficult terrain
National Code: SISODRV404A – Drive a 4WD vehicle in difficult terrain
Course Currency Status: Current
Duration: 1 day plus pre-reading & pre-course questionnaire
Mode of Delivery: Blended learning (Pre-learning & face to face)
Outcomes for Drive a 4WD vehicle in difficult terrain course include:
- planning the four wheel driving activity
- performing routine pre-departure checks and take action to correct any deficiency
- applying safe vehicle loading practices and secure personal items according to organisational policies and procedures
- engaging front free wheel hubs where appropriate
- surveying track to identify hazards and risks, and select the best route to minimise damage to the environment
- use of appropriate range, gear, speed, driving and braking technique to negotiate a range of difficult terrain types while maintaining control of vehicle at all times
- performing a safe stop and forward or reverse start on a steep incline where required
- applying risk management procedures relating to blind corners and oncoming traffic
- performing maintenance and minor repairs on 4WD vehicles
Full course information can be found here .
As a long-established RTO* and centre of excellence, Getabout knows you want training that meets the unique needs of your organisation. That’s why, whatever business you’re in, our courses can all be tailored to the outcomes you want. We’ve got the training solutions to help you meet your business goals, and our experienced instructors come from industry, so they know what it takes to get to the next level.
Plus, like any good business, we’re agile and responsive. We can deliver training wherever suits you best – from individuals coming to the one of our Getabout location to us teaching groups at a venue suitable to you.
So let’s talk – find out how Getabout can help you drive your business forward.
*Getabout Training Services - Registered Training Organisation (RTO ID: 90547). Getabout Training Services provides accurate information about its RTO services and performance which is accessible to prospective and current students.
Further student information is available here .