RIIVEH305E - Operate and maintain a four wheel drive vehicle
National Code: RIIVEH305E - Operate and maintain a four wheel drive vehicle
Course Currency Status: Current
Duration: 1 day plus pre-reading & pre-course questionnaire
Mode of Delivery: Blended learning (Pre-learning & face to face)
Outcomes for Operate and maintain a four wheel drive vehicle course include:
- performing pre operational vehicle checks
- applying safe vehicle loading practices
- changing a wheel on a 4WD vehicle sited on uneven ground
- stall/key start recovery downhill forward and reverse
- implementing minimal environmental impact practices
- operating a 4WD vehicle competently in off-highway conditions, including:
- up and down steep inclines
- correct range, gears and techniques
- through muddy terrain and ditches
- across side slope involving irregular terrain
- irregular sandy terrain
- through water and along dry and wet dirt roads.
- using a single snatch strap to recover a vehicle
- operating a 4WD vehicle giving due regard to Workplace Health and Safety issues
- knowledge and skills required to use a 4WD vehicle with due regard to environmental issues
Full course information can be found here .
As a long-established RTO* and centre of excellence, Getabout knows you want training that meets the unique needs of your organisation. That’s why, whatever business you’re in, our courses can all be tailored to the outcomes you want. We’ve got the training solutions to help you meet your business goals, and our experienced instructors come from industry, so they know what it takes to get to the next level.
Plus, like any good business, we’re agile and responsive. We can deliver training wherever suits you best – from individuals coming to the one of our Getabout location to us teaching groups at a venue suitable to you.
*Getabout Training Services - Registered Training Organisation (RTO ID: 90547). Getabout Training Services provides accurate information about its RTO services and performance which is accessible to prospective and current students.
Further student information, including Terms & Conditions, is available here .