PMASUP236 Operate vehicles in the field
National Code: PMASUP236 Operate vehicles in the field
Course Currency Status: Current
Duration: 2 day plus pre-reading & pre-course questionnaire
Mode of Delivery: Blended learning (Pre-learning & face to face)
Outcomes for Operate vehicles in the field course include:
- preparing vehicle and securing load
- performing vehicle familiarisation checks, and/or rectify issues
- identifying fuel, water and other supplies required
- inspecting all ancillary equipment and operational accessories
- route planning, interpret access manuals and topographical maps
- obtaining relevant authorisations/notifications, communicate journey details
- monitoring driving conditions and requirements constantly
- monitoring and maintaining fluid levels and air pressures
- applying knowledge of vehicle differences to the driving requirements of four wheel
- drive and conventional vehicles
- defensive driving techniques & observe additional precautions for night driving
- driving to suit road conditions
- recovery of a vehicle
- operating recovery equipment safely
- performing a battery 'jump start' safely
- change a wheel on a properly jacked vehicle
- observing site specific vehicle entry restrictions
- following appropriate search and rescue notification procedures
- following appropriate procedures for passing large or heavy vehicles
Full course information can be found here .
As a long-established RTO* and centre of excellence, Getabout knows you want training that meets the unique needs of your organisation. That’s why, whatever business you’re in, our courses can all be tailored to the outcomes you want. We’ve got the training solutions to help you meet your business goals, and our experienced instructors come from industry, so they know what it takes to get to the next level.
Plus, like any good business, we’re agile and responsive. We can deliver training wherever suits you best – from individuals coming to the one of our Getabout location to us teaching groups at a venue suitable to you.
*Getabout Training Services - Registered Training Organisation (RTO ID: 90547). Getabout Training Services provides accurate information about its RTO services and performance which is accessible to prospective and current students.
Further student information, including Terms & Conditions, is available here .