FWPFGM3214 - Operate a four wheel drive in a towing situation
National Code: FWPFGM3214 - Operate a four wheel drive in a towing situation
Course Currency Status: Current
Duration: 1 day plus pre-reading & pre-course questionnaire
Mode of Delivery: Blended learning (Pre-learning & face to face)
Outcomes for Operate a four wheel drive in a towing situation course include:
- following applicable legal and regulatory requirements, and codes of practice relevant to operating a 4x4 vehicle towing a trailer or moving an object
- couple and uncouple a trailer
- safely couple and uncouple vehicles, equipment and objects using recovery equipment
- operating a 4x4 in a towing situation
- following organisational policies and procedures relevant to operating a 4x4 in a towing situation
- using and maintain relevant tools, machinery and equipment
- assessing the safety of towing a trailer or object and consider risk management strategies for
- appropriate vehicle and trailer clearance
- appropriate approach and departure angles
- correct load management
- controlled braking methods using electric brakes, no brakes, override brakes
- adequate movement of the tow system
- making adjustment for extra length and width of trailers
- making appropriate adjustment in braking distance to compensate for the combined
- extra weight of vehicle and trailer
- driving vehicle to minimise trailer sway
- engaging a lower gear when travelling downhill with a trailer
- ensuring mirrors on both sides of towing vehicle are properly adjusted to give a clear
- view of vehicles approaching from the rear
Full course information can be found here .
As a long-established RTO* and centre of excellence, Getabout knows you want training that meets the unique needs of your organisation. That’s why, whatever business you’re in, our courses can all be tailored to the outcomes you want. We’ve got the training solutions to help you meet your business goals, and our experienced instructors come from industry, so they know what it takes to get to the next level.
Plus, like any good business, we’re agile and responsive. We can deliver training wherever suits you best – from individuals coming to the one of our Getabout location to us teaching groups at a venue suitable to you.
So let’s talk – find out how Getabout can help you drive your business forward.
*Getabout Training Services - Registered Training Organisation (RTO ID: 90547). Getabout Training Services provides accurate information about its RTO services and performance which is accessible to prospective and current students.
Further student information is available here .