AHCMOM213 - Operate and maintain chainsaws
National Code: AHCMOM213 - Operate and maintain chainsaws
Course Currency Status: Current
Duration: 1 day plus pre-reading & pre-course questionnaire
Mode of Delivery: Blended learning (Pre-learning & face to face)
Outcomes for Operate and maintain chainsaws course include:
- identifying hazards and risks relevant to the maintenance and operation of chainsaws and implement safe working practices to manage risks
- calculating required fuel oil ratios prior to mixing
- mixing fuel and fuel chainsaw according to operation and maintenance manual
- identifying, tagging, recording and reporting chainsaw faults or malfunctions to supervisor
- placing supports to ensure a stable base for cutting
- identifying materials to be cut and position them for operation
- visually assessing material to be cut for defects and embedded hazards
- determining cutting methods appropriate to material type and implement risk controls
- selecting and using tools associated with chainsaw use
- operating a chainsaw to cross-cut timber using documented low risk work methods
- identifying and report work-site communication issues to supervisor
- identifying and report environmental impacts of chainsaw operation to supervisor
Full course information can be found here .
As a long-established RTO* and centre of excellence, Getabout knows you want training that meets the unique needs of your organisation. That’s why, whatever business you’re in, our courses can all be tailored to the outcomes you want. We’ve got the training solutions to help you meet your business goals, and our experienced instructors come from industry, so they know what it takes to get to the next level.
Plus, like any good business, we’re agile and responsive. We can deliver training wherever suits you best – from individuals coming to the one of our Getabout location to us teaching groups at a venue suitable to you.
So let’s talk – find out how Getabout can help you drive your business forward.
*Getabout Training Services - Registered Training Organisation (RTO ID: 90547). Getabout Training Services provides accurate information about its RTO services and performance which is accessible to prospective and current students.
Further student information is available here .